click click click

Friday, September 11, 2009

Michael Jackson CDs

Since MJ died, his CDs have been on sale at the shops. I bought a few to add to my CD collection.

There's the History album which comprises of two CDs, the first one containing his hits during the 80's while the second disc were his most recent songs like "Earth Song" and "Childhood". I specially like this album because this was when he and his sister Janet Jackson (who is also my favorite) sang the duet "Scream".

In 2008, MJ's "Thriller" celebrated 25 years in the music industry so they decided to release a 25th Anniversary Edition of "Thriller" that contained songs from the first "Thriller" and some new unreleased bonus tracks and remixes by Akon, will.i.am, Fergie and Kanye West. We have a vinyl record of the "Thriller" album at my parent's home so I bought this one so we can have a CD copy.

The third CD that I bought is "The Essential Michael Jackson" album which contained two CDs that had all his hits songs from the time he started with the Jackson 5 ("I Want You Back", "ABC", "Ben, etc.) til the time he released "History" (You Are Not Alone", "They Don't Care About Us", etc). This album has a great collection, a good memoir of MJ's musical ingenuity.